Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chicken Paninis with Homemade Honey Mustard

Last night I wanted something simple to make for supper since I had to go into work. I had bought a rotisserie chicken the other day at Walmart and decided to put it to good use. One of my good friends had me over two weeks ago and made these chicken paninis using her stove top griddle. She topped hers with basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. These are so versatile and can be made to fit all of your family's tastes. I had some leftover pepperoni from my tortellini pasta salad and thought they would be a nice addition. These are quick, easy and suitable to anyone's taste.

Chicken Panini

Sliced Italian bread
Shredded chicken or meat from a rotisserie
Mozzarella cheese (I buy the fresh balls or squares of it)
Homemade honey mustard (recipe below)
Pepperoni or other toppings you might like

Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place buttered side down on griddle (I actually used my panini press) and top with chicken, cheese and other goodies. You can either spread the honey mustard on the bread slices or you can do like me and dip it :) Place the other piece of bread on top and let cook through til hot and cheese is melted. Enjoy!

Homemade Honey Mustard

2 parts mayo
1 part honey
1 part mustard

Some people add lemon juice but I normally don't. This is simple and good! Just mix together and serve. If you make a big batch just store in an airtight container in your fridge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment